Children spend most of their day time at school, albeit they are deprived of time for sports and fun. The main reason for this is that either the schools do not have enough facilities to organize sports or the management does not realize the importance of sports and other physical activities. In schools, the break time is hardly of 20 to 30 minutes. Children can either play games with friends or have their lunch during this short time. They do have games session, but that is just once in a week. Even on that day the children cannot play sports as there is nothing for them to play. All they do is to spend that time in either learning a test or doing their homework. Teachers and parents both emphasize on doing homework and learning lessons after school. There are only a few parents and educators who understand that a child should have a balance routine, and get time for studies, games, and proper rest. Education is not just reading, memorizing, and writing homework, it is, in fact, the development of one’s personality. GHD Sports Apk Importance of sports and games should not be neglected, when it comes to educating children and teenagers. Sports contribute on a child’s physical, emotional and psychological development.
Why Is Sports Essential?
Sports is essential for a healthy living, as Hippocrates said, “Sport is a preserver of health.” Let’s see what different benefits we can get from playing and physical activity.
- Sports reduces body fat, controls body weight, prevents Cardiovascular diseases and obesity.
- Playing outdoor games enhance endurance, flexibility, improves balance as well as strengthens bones and muscles.
- Sports help in developing better hand-eye co-ordination and fast foot movement.
- It reduces risks of getting injured and quickens recovery and healing.
- The children who play sports are less likely to get arthritis and diabetes than their peers who do not exercise or play games.
- Sports plays pivotal role in child mental development. It is a proven fact that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Sports makes one both physically and mentally fit. According to a research, the children who play sports, do better in their academic studies. Involving in physical activities improve concentration and enables mind to focus properly. This helps students in their studies. They can understand and learn their lessons effectively and quickly than those who do not play sports. Beside this, sports also teaches children problem-solving skills and enables them to set and accomplish goals.
1. How Sports Contribute In Character And Personality Building?
“Sports is human life in microcosm,” said a sports broadcaster. Apart from benefiting their physical health, sports also play an important role in psychological development and social well-being of a child. Playing inculcate values like values like discipline, responsibility, self-confidence, sacrifice, and accountability. By playing sports, children how to get along with their peers and interact positively with their coaches and elders. It builds sportsmanship spirits in them, whether they win or lose. The losing team shake hands with the winning one and pat on their shoulders as a gesture of appreciating them.